Wednesday 22 May 2013

Away with the Turtleneck.


Can I ask you one other thing?
                   

What's with the turtlenecks?
                  

- It's the middle of summer.

- Seriously...
           

...why do you care what I wear?

- Just curious.
                

I like them. I've always liked them,

and I'm just a turtleneck kind of gal.
                   

You never get hot?            

- No.

- Never?                   

Not lately


Can anyone tell me what movie this is from? I just love this scene, suck a classic. 
I'm not against turtlenecks per se, but this sweater was taking it to a new level. 
This boat ofa neckline was impossible to tuck into a jacket, looked messy regardless of 
how meticulously I rolled and attempted to fold it into submission, so it had to go. 



Likewise with the sleeves. I am all for trumpet sleeves on elegant dresses and shirts, but on a 
thick woolen thing? Not so much. Off with the sleeves.

But resewing is more than just removing, we need to design and add things as well. 
My friend had given me a bag of baby clothes (such cute fabrics!) so I took 
the trouser-legs from a toddler outfit and attached them to the end of the sweater 
sleeves. 

Adorable. Just call me Lulu.


Now I both wear it and love it. What more can you wish for in a simple sweater?


No comments:

Post a Comment