Monday 7 January 2013

Simple Start

Happy New Year! I know better than to embark on a gigantic project first thing in the new year. It's better to build it up gradually.

What could be more easy than transforming that soft, but unusable, turtle neck into rags? Yes, we are going the other way around with this one. Instead of from rags to amazing outfit, we take an unused t-shirt or cotton sweater and cut it up into cleaning rags. Simple, easy, and actually quite useful. Also, I don't like spending money on boring things, so this is a perfect post Christmas project.

I secured the borders with my beloved overlock machine, but regular zig-zag seam will do.



OK, just so you don't loose all faith in me and think I'm totally boring, I have to show off my new Killing sweater. You know, the kind Sarah Lund wears in the 3rd season of The Killing? 
I just finished knitting my own!


It's not totally the same, but similar enough that I get a few curious glances when I walk down the street. 
Recently at a party I was telling someone that I was knitting a Killing sweater; and his comment was:
" I can only hope you are referring to the Danish series The Killing, not a sweater you wear on killing sprees." Funny guy:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment