Monday 20 August 2012

BUNTING!

Bunting is everywhere. In shop windows, nurseries, street-parties, gardens. The colourful flags are so jolly and festive, lets the passers-by know that this is a place of fun and never ending joy. It might be old-school joy, sponge cake and egg-race, but there is something comforting and reassuring about the atmosphere surrounding bunting.

Maybe it's because they has been around for over 300 years, so it's steeped in tradition and history.

Bunting was originally the name of the fabric that the flags and ribbons were made from, now we think of bunting as the flags themselves.

I make bunting out of worn out shirts and let-over fabrics.


Since I made my first set I have also made one for my sister and one form my dearest friend. She hung them up in the living room, insisting that I make another for the garden. 


I might just do that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment