Tuesday 21 August 2012

Sherlock Holmes Dress

Every day on my way to work I drive past the Sherlock Holmes Museum in Baker Street. Sherlock Holmes is one of those characters I have a hard time believing is only fictional. Like Harry Potter or Dorian Gray. On the other hand, when I was a little girl I assumed that Jesus was fictional, like Snow White and Peter Pan.

In any case. I had these 2 skirts that separate and on their own were quite hopeless.

Skirt 1.

Skirt 2. 

I cherish Skirt 1, but this is when self-awareness comes in handy. Even if I lost a gazillion pounds, my ass would still look like the size if Brazil in this skirt. I think it was made for a child, or someone without any body fat what so ever. Such is life......
Skirt 2. is at the opposite side of the spectrum; way, way too big. A tent, something to seek shelter under, it could double as a parachute. 

What if I combined them and turned them into one item, a cute little dress?


Skirt 1.became the top, I thought it was kind of cool that the split could now be the neckline. 
Skirt 2. remained as a skirt, but I obviously took it in a lot, which just made it full and poofy, in a good way. 


Really cute, if I may say so myself. Like a dress Sherlock Homes would have worn, had he been a woman. 

Now I just need a pipe and a mystery to solve. 




No comments:

Post a Comment