Monday 20 August 2012

My Kingdom for a Horse


Help! I'm stuck in a frumpy, yet expensive jacket. 

I wanted to get rid of it,but my husband pointed out it would be perfect for those rainy walks in the Cotswolds. It is soft, and it is warm, but I can't bring myself to wearing anything this boring. 

My sewing-mind was churning, and finally I came up with the master plan of turning the jacket into a vest. I remember wearing a beige west when grooming horses in Pennsylvania, it was a good look for me. Ponytail and all, grooming those beautiful horses. Maybe my adorning myself in a similar outfit, a similar situation would present itself. 

The jacket has a really nice lining, the vest version would expose it more. Super. So I cut of the arms, but left the lining fabric about 5inches from the shoulder. Then I could fold the fabric around the opening and create a fresh contrasting border. 


See how nice that looks! More fresh, less middle-aged. 


Now I can wear it with my favourite woollen sweater underneath, vest are far more practical than jackets. They are also easier to move around in, less constricting. 

But what happened with the sleeves I cut off? They got made into matching leg-warmers. 


Notice the shoes in this picture? Proper Lederhosen shoes, imported from Germany. I like to mix it up a bit. 












No comments:

Post a Comment