Saturday 1 September 2012

Phone Cover

I'm  always looking for ways to use those tiny scraps of fabric. I can't stand throwing them away, they are all so pretty.
A while back a made an iPhone cover from a gorgeous fabric with French design. I'm so smitten with this fabric, it makes my day just looking at it. It has an old-fashioned rustic quality to it. I makes me think of  a quieter life filled with lavender fields, home made bread, sun sets and a sleeping cat in the corner.



I find it very challenging to hem little projects with the machine, I just can't get my eyes, fingers, and machine needle to cooperate, so I sewed on the bias-tape by hand. Since I was sewing by hand, I might as well throw on some beads as well. It takes less time than you think, and it is very calming and soothing to take a break from the machine now and then. 

In order for the phone to fit better, I made those corners that we make on billows and tote-bags:


Now the phone is safe and protected from all the loose objects in my handbag. And more importantly, I get to see my favourite fabric every single day, several times a day. Brilliant. 






No comments:

Post a Comment